Luncheon Salad Plate
Author: The Olive Store
Recipe type: Salad
- Lettuce mixture including shredded purple cabbage
- Sunflower seeds
- ½ sliced avocado
- ½ sliced tomato or about half a dozen cherry tomatoes
- 2 hardboiled eggs, sliced
- ¼ cup grated carrot
- ¼ cup grated Meunster or Swiss cheese
- ½ sliced cucumber
- Your choice of any of the following balsamics: Fig, 4-leaf, Lemon White, Honey Serrano Chili Pepper, or Jalapeño Lime. Oils that go with these vinegars include Organic Tuscan Herb, Sun dried Tomato, Chipotle, Organic Garlic or even Bacon Flavored EVOO.
- Sea salt to taste
- Place the lettuce mixture in the middle of the plate and top with the sunflower seeds. Around the pile of lettuce, place a small pile each of the other ingredients--the avocado, tomato, eggs, carrot, cheese, and cucumber. Top with your choice combination of the EVOOs/balsamics mentioned.